There are 1 file types using the 002 file extension in our database. In the further part of this page, you will find detail information about all the 002 file with their brief description and a list of programs that support 002 file sorted by operating systems. The table below provides useful information about the 002 file extension. It answers questions such as:
- What is the 002 file?
- How to open a 002 file?
- What programs do I need to open a 002 file?
- What programs help to create and edit a 002 file?
- How to convert 002 files to another file format?
- How to convert another files to 002 file format?
|Split Archive Part 2 File
|002 file is a Split Archive Part 2 File. A 002 file is the second part of a split archive created by various file splitter and joiner applications. It contains the data sequentially following the data stored in a .001 file. 002 files may also have corresponding files with the extensions .003, ".004," etc.
|Software programs that will open, edit or convert 002 files
|Smith Micro StuffIt Deluxe for Windows
Smith Micro StuffIt Deluxe 16
Incredible Bee Archiver
Split & Concat
|Freebyte HJSplit for Linux
There are 3 records in our database eligible for 002 files to another file format conversion. If you want to achieve 002 to another files conversion, you may use the option.
There are 3 records in our database eligible for another files to 002 file format conversion. If you want to achieve another files to 002 conversion, you may use the option.
When you click a file to open it, operating system examines the filename extension. If operating system recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When operating system does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
”Can't open this file: example.002”。
To open this file, you install one of the applications from the list of software programs that you found here, you should be able to open, edit or convert the file with the 002 extension without any issue.
If you do not know where you can download the application from our list, click on the link (which is the name of the program), you will find more information there on the location where to download the required application. Most often they are the websites of software manufacturers.
- Right-click a file with the extension whose association you want to change, and then click "Open With".
- In the "Open With" dialog box, click the program whith which you want the file to open, or click "Browse" to locate the program that you want.
- Select the ”Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” check box.
Changing the filename extension of a file is not a good idea. When you change a file's extension, you change the way programs on your computer read/open the file. The problem is, changing the file extension does not change the file format. Select a software program from our list and install it on your computer. If the file has not opened correctly, you have to look for a different software program from our list. Sometimes you have to repeat the operation several times.
The reasons for the lack of the ability to open a 002 file on your computer may be at least several. The easiest thing is to find a suitable application installed on your computer, which will open a 002 file. If there is still something wrong, you might want to check:
- Whether the 002 file is damaged.
- Whether the 002 file is incorrectly linked in the registry entries.
- Whether the 002 file extension has been accidentally removed from the Windows registry.
- Whether the installation of an application that supports the 002 file format is incompletely.
- Whether the 002 file is infected.
- Whether the drivers of the equipment used for opening a 002 file are up to date.
- Whether your computer has enough hardware resources to open a 002 file.
If the 002 file still not working with your software after eliminating the above shortcomings? That means that the problem is more complex and requires the help of a specialist.