There are 1 file types using the 3MF file extension in our database. In the further part of this page, you will find detail information about all the 3MF file with their brief description and a list of programs that support 3MF file sorted by operating systems. The table below provides useful information about the 3MF file extension. It answers questions such as:
- What is the 3MF file?
- How to open a 3MF file?
- What programs do I need to open a 3MF file?
- What programs help to create and edit a 3MF file?
- How to convert 3MF files to another file format?
- How to convert another files to 3MF file format?
|File type||3D Manufacturing File||Category||3D Image Files|
|Developer||3MF Consortium||File format||XML|
|Description||3MF file is a 3D Manufacturing File developed by 3MF Consortium.|
|Software programs that will open, edit or convert 3MF files|
|Microsoft 3D Builder
There are 12 records in our database eligible for 3MF files to another file format conversion. If you want to achieve 3MF to another files conversion, you may use the option.
|3MF to FBX||3MF to GIF||3MF to JFIF||3MF to JPE|
|3MF to JPEG||3MF to JPG||3MF to OBJ||3MF to PLY|
|3MF to PNG||3MF to STL||3MF to TIF||3MF to TIFF|
When you click a file to open it, operating system examines the filename extension. If operating system recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When operating system does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
”Can't open this file: example.3MF”。
To open this file, you install one of the applications from the list of software programs that you found here, you should be able to open, edit or convert the file with the 3MF extension without any issue.
If you do not know where you can download the application from our list, click on the link (which is the name of the program), you will find more information there on the location where to download the required application. Most often they are the websites of software manufacturers.
- Right-click a file with the extension whose association you want to change, and then click "Open With".
- In the "Open With" dialog box, click the program whith which you want the file to open, or click "Browse" to locate the program that you want.
- Select the ”Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” check box.
Changing the filename extension of a file is not a good idea. When you change a file's extension, you change the way programs on your computer read/open the file. The problem is, changing the file extension does not change the file format. Select a software program from our list and install it on your computer. If the file has not opened correctly, you have to look for a different software program from our list. Sometimes you have to repeat the operation several times.
The reasons for the lack of the ability to open a 3MF file on your computer may be at least several. The easiest thing is to find a suitable application installed on your computer, which will open a 3MF file. If there is still something wrong, you might want to check:
- Whether the 3MF file is damaged.
- Whether the 3MF file is incorrectly linked in the registry entries.
- Whether the 3MF file extension has been accidentally removed from the Windows registry.
- Whether the installation of an application that supports the 3MF file format is incompletely.
- Whether the 3MF file is infected.
- Whether the drivers of the equipment used for opening a 3MF file are up to date.
- Whether your computer has enough hardware resources to open a 3MF file.
If the 3MF file still not working with your software after eliminating the above shortcomings? That means that the problem is more complex and requires the help of a specialist.