There are 1 file types using the APK file extension in our database. In the further part of this page, you will find detail information about all the APK file with their brief description and a list of programs that support APK file sorted by operating systems. The table below provides useful information about the APK file extension. It answers questions such as:
- What is the APK file?
- How to open a APK file?
- What programs do I need to open a APK file?
- What programs help to create and edit a APK file?
- How to convert APK files to another file format?
- How to convert another files to APK file format?
|File type||Android Package File||Category||Executable Files|
|Description||APK file is a Android Package File developed by Google.|
|Software programs that will open, edit or convert APK files|
|File Viewer Plus
Google Android SDK
Corel WinZip 21
|Google Android SDK
Apple Archive Utility
Smith Micro StuffIt Deluxe 16
|Google Android SDK
There are 59 records in our database eligible for APK files to another file format conversion. If you want to achieve APK to another files conversion, you may use the option.
There are 46 records in our database eligible for another files to APK file format conversion. If you want to achieve another files to APK conversion, you may use the option.
When you click a file to open it, operating system examines the filename extension. If operating system recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When operating system does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
”Can't open this file: example.APK”。
To open this file, you install one of the applications from the list of software programs that you found here, you should be able to open, edit or convert the file with the APK extension without any issue.
If you do not know where you can download the application from our list, click on the link (which is the name of the program), you will find more information there on the location where to download the required application. Most often they are the websites of software manufacturers.
- Right-click a file with the extension whose association you want to change, and then click "Open With".
- In the "Open With" dialog box, click the program whith which you want the file to open, or click "Browse" to locate the program that you want.
- Select the ”Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” check box.
Changing the filename extension of a file is not a good idea. When you change a file's extension, you change the way programs on your computer read/open the file. The problem is, changing the file extension does not change the file format. Select a software program from our list and install it on your computer. If the file has not opened correctly, you have to look for a different software program from our list. Sometimes you have to repeat the operation several times.
The reasons for the lack of the ability to open a APK file on your computer may be at least several. The easiest thing is to find a suitable application installed on your computer, which will open a APK file. If there is still something wrong, you might want to check:
- Whether the APK file is damaged.
- Whether the APK file is incorrectly linked in the registry entries.
- Whether the APK file extension has been accidentally removed from the Windows registry.
- Whether the installation of an application that supports the APK file format is incompletely.
- Whether the APK file is infected.
- Whether the drivers of the equipment used for opening a APK file are up to date.
- Whether your computer has enough hardware resources to open a APK file.
If the APK file still not working with your software after eliminating the above shortcomings? That means that the problem is more complex and requires the help of a specialist.