There are 1 file types using the AZW file extension in our database. In the further part of this page, you will find detail information about all the AZW file with their brief description and a list of programs that support AZW file sorted by operating systems. The table below provides useful information about the AZW file extension. It answers questions such as:
- What is the AZW file?
- How to open a AZW file?
- What programs do I need to open a AZW file?
- What programs help to create and edit a AZW file?
- How to convert AZW files to another file format?
- How to convert another files to AZW file format?
|File type||Amazon Kindle eBook File||Category||eBook Files|
|Description||AZW file is a Amazon Kindle eBook File developed by Amazon.|
|Software programs that will open, edit or convert AZW files|
|Amazon Kindle for PC
Mobipocket Reader Desktop
|Amazon Kindle for Mac
There are 7 records in our database eligible for AZW files to another file format conversion. If you want to achieve AZW to another files conversion, you may use the option.
There are 10 records in our database eligible for another files to AZW file format conversion. If you want to achieve another files to AZW conversion, you may use the option.
|EPUB to AZW||PDF to AZW||AZW3 to AZW||PRC to AZW|
|DOC to AZW||AZW1 to AZW||AZW3F to AZW||DOCX to AZW|
|FB2 to AZW||TPZ to AZW|
When you click a file to open it, operating system examines the filename extension. If operating system recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When operating system does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
”Can't open this file: example.AZW”。
To open this file, you install one of the applications from the list of software programs that you found here, you should be able to open, edit or convert the file with the AZW extension without any issue.
If you do not know where you can download the application from our list, click on the link (which is the name of the program), you will find more information there on the location where to download the required application. Most often they are the websites of software manufacturers.
- Right-click a file with the extension whose association you want to change, and then click "Open With".
- In the "Open With" dialog box, click the program whith which you want the file to open, or click "Browse" to locate the program that you want.
- Select the ”Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” check box.
Changing the filename extension of a file is not a good idea. When you change a file's extension, you change the way programs on your computer read/open the file. The problem is, changing the file extension does not change the file format. Select a software program from our list and install it on your computer. If the file has not opened correctly, you have to look for a different software program from our list. Sometimes you have to repeat the operation several times.
The reasons for the lack of the ability to open a AZW file on your computer may be at least several. The easiest thing is to find a suitable application installed on your computer, which will open a AZW file. If there is still something wrong, you might want to check:
- Whether the AZW file is damaged.
- Whether the AZW file is incorrectly linked in the registry entries.
- Whether the AZW file extension has been accidentally removed from the Windows registry.
- Whether the installation of an application that supports the AZW file format is incompletely.
- Whether the AZW file is infected.
- Whether the drivers of the equipment used for opening a AZW file are up to date.
- Whether your computer has enough hardware resources to open a AZW file.
If the AZW file still not working with your software after eliminating the above shortcomings? That means that the problem is more complex and requires the help of a specialist.