There are 1 file types using the BASH_HISTORY file extension in our database. In the further part of this page, you will find detail information about all the BASH_HISTORY file with their brief description and a list of programs that support BASH_HISTORY file sorted by operating systems. The table below provides useful information about the BASH_HISTORY file extension. It answers questions such as:
- What is the BASH_HISTORY file?
- How to open a BASH_HISTORY file?
- What programs do I need to open a BASH_HISTORY file?
- What programs help to create and edit a BASH_HISTORY file?
- How to convert BASH_HISTORY files to another file format?
- How to convert another files to BASH_HISTORY file format?
|File type||Bash History File||Category||System Files|
|Developer||The GNU Project||File format||Text|
|Description||BASH_HISTORY file is a Bash History File developed by The GNU Project.|
|Software programs that will open, edit or convert BASH_HISTORY files|
Mac OS X
When you click a file to open it, operating system examines the filename extension. If operating system recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When operating system does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
”Can't open this file: example.BASH_HISTORY”。
To open this file, you install one of the applications from the list of software programs that you found here, you should be able to open, edit or convert the file with the BASH_HISTORY extension without any issue.
If you do not know where you can download the application from our list, click on the link (which is the name of the program), you will find more information there on the location where to download the required application. Most often they are the websites of software manufacturers.
- Right-click a file with the extension whose association you want to change, and then click "Open With".
- In the "Open With" dialog box, click the program whith which you want the file to open, or click "Browse" to locate the program that you want.
- Select the ”Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” check box.
Changing the filename extension of a file is not a good idea. When you change a file's extension, you change the way programs on your computer read/open the file. The problem is, changing the file extension does not change the file format. Select a software program from our list and install it on your computer. If the file has not opened correctly, you have to look for a different software program from our list. Sometimes you have to repeat the operation several times.
The reasons for the lack of the ability to open a BASH_HISTORY file on your computer may be at least several. The easiest thing is to find a suitable application installed on your computer, which will open a BASH_HISTORY file. If there is still something wrong, you might want to check:
- Whether the BASH_HISTORY file is damaged.
- Whether the BASH_HISTORY file is incorrectly linked in the registry entries.
- Whether the BASH_HISTORY file extension has been accidentally removed from the Windows registry.
- Whether the installation of an application that supports the BASH_HISTORY file format is incompletely.
- Whether the BASH_HISTORY file is infected.
- Whether the drivers of the equipment used for opening a BASH_HISTORY file are up to date.
- Whether your computer has enough hardware resources to open a BASH_HISTORY file.
If the BASH_HISTORY file still not working with your software after eliminating the above shortcomings? That means that the problem is more complex and requires the help of a specialist.