There are 1 file types using the FLAC file extension in our database. In the further part of this page, you will find detail information about all the FLAC file with their brief description and a list of programs that support FLAC file sorted by operating systems. The table below provides useful information about the FLAC file extension. It answers questions such as:
- What is the FLAC file?
- How to open a FLAC file?
- What programs do I need to open a FLAC file?
- What programs help to create and edit a FLAC file?
- How to convert FLAC files to another file format?
- How to convert another files to FLAC file format?
There are 28 records in our database eligible for FLAC files to another file format conversion. If you want to achieve FLAC to another files conversion, you may use the option.
There are 35 records in our database eligible for another files to FLAC file format conversion. If you want to achieve another files to FLAC conversion, you may use the option.
When you click a file to open it, operating system examines the filename extension. If operating system recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When operating system does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
”Can't open this file: example.FLAC”。
To open this file, you install one of the applications from the list of software programs that you found here, you should be able to open, edit or convert the file with the FLAC extension without any issue.
If you do not know where you can download the application from our list, click on the link (which is the name of the program), you will find more information there on the location where to download the required application. Most often they are the websites of software manufacturers.
- Right-click a file with the extension whose association you want to change, and then click "Open With".
- In the "Open With" dialog box, click the program whith which you want the file to open, or click "Browse" to locate the program that you want.
- Select the ”Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” check box.
Changing the filename extension of a file is not a good idea. When you change a file's extension, you change the way programs on your computer read/open the file. The problem is, changing the file extension does not change the file format. Select a software program from our list and install it on your computer. If the file has not opened correctly, you have to look for a different software program from our list. Sometimes you have to repeat the operation several times.
The reasons for the lack of the ability to open a FLAC file on your computer may be at least several. The easiest thing is to find a suitable application installed on your computer, which will open a FLAC file. If there is still something wrong, you might want to check:
- Whether the FLAC file is damaged.
- Whether the FLAC file is incorrectly linked in the registry entries.
- Whether the FLAC file extension has been accidentally removed from the Windows registry.
- Whether the installation of an application that supports the FLAC file format is incompletely.
- Whether the FLAC file is infected.
- Whether the drivers of the equipment used for opening a FLAC file are up to date.
- Whether your computer has enough hardware resources to open a FLAC file.
If the FLAC file still not working with your software after eliminating the above shortcomings? That means that the problem is more complex and requires the help of a specialist.